Octopus is my favourite seafood and I love it best in this Spanish-inspired recipe, discovered in the Canary Islands.
Lunch / Nuts free / Gluten free / Lactose free
Quantities: for 4
Preparation: 20 mn
Cooking: 1 hr
- 500 gr of octopus, fresh or in a can
- 250 gr of sweet potatoes
- 1 red onion
- Rocket salad
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- If you are using fresh octopus, cook it in boiling water for about 50 minutes. Slice in small pieces.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes, add to boiling water and cook for 30 minutes, they must still be firm.
- Slice the red onion and garlic. Cook in a pan with olive oil for 5 minutes, add the octopus pieces and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Place the octopus, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic and rocket leaves on a plate.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, lemon juice, paprika and sea salt.