gnocchi are easier to make than you would think and actually quite fun! You can have them with tomato sauce or pesto but I prefer ricotta.
Lunch / Nuts free
Quantities: for 4
Preparation: 20 mn
Cooking: 40 mn
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 250 gr of flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and cook in boiling water for about 30 minutes. They must be well cooked.
- Mash the potatoes in a large bowl, add the flour little by little while mixing. Add the eggs, olive oil and salt.
- Knead to make an homogeneous dough and separate in 10 bals.
- Roll the ball in a rope, about 2 cm in diameter. Cut the rope in small rectangles.
- Using a fork, create ridges on the gnocchi and gently imprint your finger on the other side to give it its "gnocchi shape".
- Put a large pan of water to boil.
- Put the gnocchi in the boiling water, 15 at a time to make sure they do not stick to each other. They are cooked when they come to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Place in a plate, add a generous spoon of ricotta, sprinkle with olive oil and thym.