This recipe from Lebanon is great for any season and a favorite with athletes. It just makes me happy to be alive!
Dessert / Gluten free
Quantities: for 2
Preparation: 2 hr
Cooking: 15 mn
- 40cl of milk
- 35g of corn flour
- 40g of sugar
- 1 tbs of orange blossom flower water
- 50g of ground almonds
- 50g of ground pistachios
- A handful of blueberries
- Mix the corn flour, sugar and cold milk in a bowl.
- Pour in a pan and cook for 5 minutes, whisking non stop until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat, add the orange blossom flower water and mix well.
- Pour into glasses or small cups and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cook the ground almonds and pistachios in a pan for 10 minutes until nicely brown.
- Unmould the mouhalbia on a plate, place the nuts and blueberries around.